Monday 22 August 2011

Definition of a 'real' fan?

Hello again. Hmm. So today a person I know said that you can't be a real fan unless you own of of the band's physical CDs. I disagree with this. Fan is an abbrieviation of 'fanatic'. Someone who admires the band/artist in question. I think a so called 'real fan' is someone who admires the band/artist and appreciates their music. Profits shouldn't be a bands main concern. Their main concern should be making music that means something to them. The band in question was My Chemical Romance, and they are in fact, my favourite band. I hate it when people say they're a 'better' fan than you because they've been to 20 concerts and spent a load of money on merch, and bought all the CDs and boxsets.

This situation doesn't always aply to bands and artists either. It can apply to 'cliques' who wear designer clothes and spend €300 on a Juicy Handbag without blinking an eye. I do actually know kind, considerate people who just happen to be well off, but don't feel the need to shun you if you can't afford that over-priced Pauls Boutique jacket. (Sidenote, I don't actually like Pauls Boutique or Juicy. I could used any designer brand, but these were the first that came to mind).

 To all of these people, let me ask you this: Have you ever considered those worse off then you? The people who feel alone, and rejected because they don't have a lot of money to spend on designer clothes? Or maybe you enjoy whispering about them behind their backs? Or maybe even to their faces? Well, I can tell you something right now. Whether or not the outfit you're wearing is worth hundreds, if you shun other people because they couldn't afford the same things, then you're worthless. Get over yourself, and maybe you'll be worth something to society. I'm fortunate enough to be reasonably well off, but a lot of my clothes come from Penneys, and I have some Dunnes stuff as well. I do have some expensive things too, but they don't make up my entire wardrobe. I have a sewing machine, and I'm trying to get into making my own clothes.

Jeez, guys, Sorry. I got into a real rant there. I suppose it was a bit rambly though, so you did get what you came for! Bye for now, I'll talk to you again soon,
-E xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment